Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Goals & Rants

Friday, January 06, 2006  

On Thursday I laid out the 30 and 90 day objectives for my staff. The good news is that none of them looked like deer caught in the headlights. The bad news is that I didn't get a lot of questions. There was a lot of nodding, which means I'll have a private follow up for the people who didn't want to talk in public. Management also means reading between the lines.

Ninety day objectives remind me of Optimize, a magazine that I have a love-hate relationship with. There's usually one article that I find very useful and the rest are just a waste of time. Maybe with all of this deli.cio.us tagging and such, a group can smart tag the good articles so I don't have to waste my time looking for them. I want Cliff's Notes for every industry magazine with some kind of Usefulness rating from my peer group. That would be helpful.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 1/06/2006 04:19:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading