Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
The Royal Scam

Sunday, July 03, 2005  

On Saturday I was posing as your everyday yuppie, mingling with people at a blind wine tasting event (brief plug: we were using the Bagged Wine product to perform the blind testing and it's up to the job). One of the guys I talked to runs his own consulting business installing systems management software. No biggie. However, he told me about one of his buddies who consults in the server virtualization and consolidation space (you know, VMWare ESX server and all that). Apparently this guy charges $1000 per server for virtualization and consolidation projects. I realize the savings are immense, but if anyone is talking to consultants to perform this project please realize this:

YOU ARE BEING TAKEN FOR A RIDE.

Good grief, go buy PlateSpin's PowerP2V product and save yourself some money. Better yet, pay me $950 per server. I'd rather make that kind of filthy lucre.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 7/03/2005 11:08:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading