Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
What A Day

Tuesday, January 18, 2005  

Today started out with a banking system bug that spit out the wrong numbers for some clients to reconcile with. From there I got called into a meeting with our examiners and gave them an earful. Their examiners on site were, in some cases, half-assed. Finally I wound up my day grabbing lunch and pulling my developers together to form a game plan to fix the bug discovered earlier in the day (yes, it took that long to research it). Except for an hour break to have a beer with an ex-employee who has moved on to bigger & better things, it's been bug, bug, bug all day. We finally corrected the numbers and produced the right tonight. It's been a long day.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 1/18/2005 10:35:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading