Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
More on Change Management

Sunday, September 19, 2004  

Reader Rayne sent me an e-mail (thanks again!) about her experiences with project management. These thoughts led me to a larger set of questions.

There are evidently at least a couple of project management perspectives (I refuse to say, "paradigms") floating around: those that are very process-oriented such as the Capability Maturity Model and those that are focused on quicker results, such as Agile/XP/Scrum. The context of the examples are software development, but the ideas can be extrapolated to any kind of project. So which is best? And for what? And how do I take these processes and apply them to a department of 6 people?

I've got a lot of thinking to do.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 9/19/2004 06:28:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading