Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
What's Next?

Friday, August 20, 2004  

So what else is on tap for network security? I have some wish lists:

1. I want to stop those damnable keyloggers (if they do happen to get in) from sending out data through the firewall.

2. I want to keep unauthorized desktops & laptops from being plugged into the network -- no ID, no link. Period.

3. I want to put our servers behind a firewall and control traffic.

4. I want this to be easy.

Yeah, I know -- good luck, especially making #2 easy. I see too many vendors in too many locations plugging in their potentially infested machines onto our network and think to myself, "Which one is going to bite us?"

posted by Henry Jenkins | 8/20/2004 09:28:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading