Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
More Blade PC's

Wednesday, May 12, 2004  

What is going on with the world? More PC blades? Yikes! Once again, I question the need to combine the worst aspects of thin clients, blade servers and provisioning software. I understand why a company would want the control of thin clients. I can certainly see the necessity of using provisioning software to restore systems quickly. What I can't fathom is why you'd stick a bunch of PC's in a rack, connect end-users to them via a lobotomized thin client station and still need to purchase provisioning software to roll out software images to all of them. Ridiculous.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 5/12/2004 09:03:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading