Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Marketing IT

Saturday, May 01, 2004  

Another article in CIO.com addresses how to present IT to the rest of the business in order to get what you want -- a better department reputation, more visibility in the company and easier access to purse strings.

At my company this is not as much of an issue for me as I report to a single executive rather than a group. That simplifies my message and makes it easier to couch projects in terms that provoke a positive reaction. I admit that it would be draining at this point in time to fight battles with the rest of senior management as I'm still about a 25-50% hands-on guy and projects would slip if I had to play diplomat and politician full-time. I hope to get to that role at some point -- right now just isn't the time.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 5/01/2004 12:16:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading