Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Java vs. .NET

Wednesday, April 14, 2004  

Bruce Eckel weighs in on this topic, basically stating that both will be around for a while. I'm pretty agnostic myself and find that to support some vendor products we need a .NET interface and others require Java. My biggest architectural concern is not building cathedrals but rather the small, loosely coupled apps that pundits blather about.

I am keeping an eye on the Mono Project. .NET on Linux strikes me as a pretty killer development environment. Glue it to a transactional messaging system that doesn't require 5 days to install and configure and I think JMS might go away.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 4/14/2004 10:00:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading