Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Guy Reviewing Referral Logs

Tuesday, April 27, 2004  

So I had some interesting visitors today. I thought the highlight of my night would be watching "VH1 Goes Inside South Park" but it turns out I had a good time looking through my referral logs for the last couple of days. Let's see:

europarl.eu.int -- yes, not only have I had a visit from eop.gov (Executive Office of the President of the United States), I now have a visit from the European Parliament. Am I cool or what? It was off of a search for BizTalk and JBoss. I'll summarize in case you come back: BizTalk is damned expensive and complicated, while JBoss appears to be inexpensive and one of my developers got it up and running in three weeks. We started our first message passing today with the basic install, knowing nothing about Enterprise Java Beans. Highly recommended.

nih.gov -- looking for Hermes and OpenJMS. I don't believe either are ready for prime-time from what I've read. I wouldn't commit my financial transactions over them.

I may not have any useful info but at least I rank high on search engines.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 4/27/2004 09:15:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading