Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Still on the Interview Wagon

Wednesday, March 10, 2004  

I created a pre-interview questionnaire for potential software developer candidates who passed through the written application phase. It's got three questions on it. The first set is to write two production-ready functions, one for reversing a string and the other for converting a string to an integer. The second set is "figure out what one of these code fragments is doing." The third is for them to submit a sample of their code. The results so far are TWO sent back filled out! If nothing else is gained from this exercise, at least I'm cutting down on the number of potential candidates. Interesting results so far. The way I worded the first set of questions was sufficient to allow for smartass responses, and one of the returns was filled out that way. I like to know I'm clever on occasion.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 3/10/2004 09:37:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading