Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Sleep is for Wimps...

Monday, June 02, 2003  

...which makes me a dreadful pushover, apparently, for I'm awfully sleepy right now and about to crawl off to bed. The TV's off, the radio is playing jazz and I'm finishing my last glass of water for the day. This is the time I use for reading or thinking, neither of which are terribly easy to do when I'm fatigued. Yet it's like the mind's dusk, where thought becomes less clear and the shadows begin to come out in earnest. Before I see myself off to sleep I feel the need to probe the question, "What's important to me?" The answer to that question drives the time I spend, time at work, time with family, time with friends, time with Ann, time alone. The answer's not always the same. To confound things further, that question needs to be answered similarly by others -- it's no good deciding that more time to spend with family is proper and good if they have other priorities, for example. Work is a glutton; it will devour all available time if I let it. Balancing between how I desire to use the time and what necessity requires has never been my forte. Be patient -- I continue to learn.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 6/02/2003 09:49:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading