Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
My First Wireless Woes

Monday, May 12, 2003  

Suddenly my notebook running 802.11g stops working. I can't get a signal, yet I'm about 6 feet away from the access point without obstruction. It was the damndest thing. I finally tried changing the SSID and channel and, lo!, it worked. And another default SSID appeared in my choices. Apparently I have a neighbor with a wireless network that conflicts with my own. Well, sounds like someone needs a big ole DoS attack...haha. Just kidding. Really, though, defaults are bad and I should have changed that before. Once again, laziness strikes and the results are, well, frustrating. Laziness really doesn't hit hard because that requires effort. Right? Is this thing on?

posted by Henry Jenkins | 5/12/2003 11:19:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading