Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Finishing Up the Day...

Monday, May 12, 2003  

Meetings occupied about half my day today (no, nothing interesting), planning meetings a little more and a semi-crisis with our Metaframe strategy when the server crawled after last night's Acrobat installation. Well, that's why backups are supposed to be made. Good thing I listen to my own advice. Heh. It's a bit of a black eye, unfortunately, as my boss' rival is using it to bad-mouth the entire department. Sigh. You would think people would have better things to do...

The new strategy is to get a load-balanced set of XPs blade servers to handle the load (and the eventual crash -- this is Windows, after all). This should keep senior management off my back while reinvigorating the idea. Plus a whole lot of ass-kissing thanks to today's performance.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 5/12/2003 11:13:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading