Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Can't Sleep Yet

Wednesday, May 21, 2003  

No matter how sleep deprived I get, there are times when I just can't seem to fall asleep and my mind starts wandering. Tonight I wax nostalgic, thinking of authors whose books I've savored over the years, authors who will no longer spin their imagination into print. I've always been a fan of fantasy and science-fiction writers, especially those with an off-beat sense, whether of humor or reality. It seems like only yesterday that Roger Zelazny and Damon Knight died. Zelazny's passing is the most unfortunate for me; although his Amber novels were beginning to caricature themselves, without him I would be unable to claim that my favorite heroes were smartasses.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 5/21/2003 12:02:00 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading