Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Blade Servers, Part III

Tuesday, May 13, 2003  

OK, so a new error crops up. When I roll back to a prior image the blade server appears Unmanaged, which in Dellspeak means, "We can't image your server any more." After spending half a day doing what I thought was reinstalling the remote install agent, I found that I had to bypass the autorun.exe on the Dell Server Management CD, go straight to the directory that had the Windows remote install agents and reinstall them directly. Voila! It worked. Back to installing apps...

posted by Henry Jenkins | 5/13/2003 04:39:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading