Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
CIO Magazine - Top Six Things CIO's Should Do

Sunday, April 20, 2003  

The April edition of CIO Magazine online lists the top six things a CIO should do to be effective. The overall theme is that CIO's should get people in the company to buy in to what IT can do for them as a whole. It means that CIO's must touch the executives, department managers and influential users. When I look at the mirror I see that I've got a pretty good relationship with the two latter groups; it is the execs I have a problem spending time with. Most of that is a desire to keep from being crushed between the Banking and Wealth Management forces in management. The other part is that I have a hard time respecting them. I also find eight-hour long meetings a tremendous waste of time. With what actually gets accomplished in those meetings I could be practicing my golf game. Heh.

posted by Henry Jenkins | 4/20/2003 12:01:00 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading