Modern Middle Manager
Primarily my musings on the practical application of technology and management principles at a financial services company.
Technology in Search of a Market

Tuesday, January 07, 2003  

Once again I read about technology in search of a solution. Smart displays that cost $1,299 for a 15" screen. I have a better, cheaper solution. It's called a PC. For $499 I can get a 17" LCD monitor at Best Buy. I can put together a white box clone for about $700. So what's left? A wireless access point starter kit? $350? So two full-function PC's plus wireless cost about the same as a PC and a "smart display." Why would I want one? Bigger question -- why would anyone?

posted by Henry Jenkins | 1/07/2003 07:32:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
search
the author
archives
links
open source
vendors
stats
reading